ESG Matters is an award-winning, Cyberport-supported, financial technology company providing one-stop solutions for sustainable impact investing.
Founded in 2013 by a team of sustainability and data professionals in Hong Kong, ESG Matters aims to create sustainability innovations and resolve sustainability issues by developing and adopting technologies to achieve environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals for any relevant stakeholders in Asia.
- To use our recognised ESG leadership position to ignite the development of organisations and societies and to empower individuals to create and sustain positive change.
- Engendering trust by delivering consistent results to the highest standards;
- Adding value to our client’s sustainability development using our multi-disciplined background in social responsibility, management, technology, engineering, sciences, marketing, and training; and
- Developing organisational resilience by critically bundling relevant ESG matters.
- Integrity – We value having the courage and accountability to do the right thing when it matters.
- Relentlessly Pursuing the Art of the Possible – We value inventing breakthrough solutions with creative collaboration.
- Exceptional Service – We value listening and counseling using a risk-based approach.
Dr. Glenn Frommer is one of the pioneers of sustainability and the environmental movement. He has worked in the field for more than thirty years and was involved in the drafting of the GRI G4 Reporting Guideline, the AccountAbility 1000AP Standard, and Reporting 3.0.
Prior to founding ESG Matters, Glenn held senior management positions with the Mass Transit Railway Corporation Ltd. in Hong Kong for more than twenty-two years where he embedded sustainability through an Enterprise Risk Management approach and implemented China’s and the transport sector’s first climate change policy. His extensive cross-sector and cross-industrial experience extends throughout the international arena, specifically in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Glenn holds a PhD in Aerospace Sciences, is a Fellow of the International Institute of Acoustics and Vibration, a member of several international and local professional bodies, a Fulbright Fellow, and a published author. Glenn is also the Honorary Chair of the UITP Sustainable Development Commission, having started the Working Group in 2001.
TOKEN – Technology, Opportunities, Knowledge, Experience, and Network.
- Technology: artificial intelligence, internet of things, geospatial, data analytics
- Opportunities: projects, financing, re-financing, restructuring
- Knowledge & Experience: due diligence, risk assessment, independent checking, second opinion, reporting, data workers
- Network: investor relations, human capital, financial capital
Our Value Proposition: Why ESG Performance Matters
In the financial world, ESG performance is now a core value in making decisions in any form of impact investing. From green finance and responsible investing, to sustainable financing and climate bond, ESG can be a useful tool (indicator) for:
- Improved risk management,
- Improved operational efficiency,
- Significant cost-savings,
- Better decision making, and
- Improved stakeholder trust.
Depending on the target customers, we offer tailored, integrated, and comprehensive solutions to meet any needs and challenges.